Lunch time! I’m having a few squares of the zucchini slice I made yesterday to pack as snacks for this week. Such a yummy, healthy snack!
Makes 15 squares
1 cup/150g self raising flour
375g zucchini, grated
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, grated
40g cheddar cheese, grated
200g rindless bacon, chopped
60ml vegetable oil
Low fat milk
Preheat oven to 170c/338f and grease/line a 30x20cm oven tray.
Beat all 5 eggs together in a bowl, then add flour and mix until smooth.
Add to the bowl all grated and chopped ingredients (zucchini, carrot, bacon, onion, cheese), and oil, and stir until all combined. If the mixture is really thick and gluggy, I add just a touch of milk, but not too much or else the slices won’t be stable after baking. You might find that you don’t need any milk!
Pour mixure into the pan, and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked and golden on top.
Cut into 15 little slices and stash in the fridge for nomtastic snacks! 142 cals per slice.
I am really loving having a outlet for sharing all my recipes and snacks. Why was I not into blogging earlier? I better be careful, before I know it this will turn into a full blown food blog with some exercise whacked in here and there :P
This sounds (and LOOKS awe. some.)
- urlsarehardtocomeby likes this
- italianesque reblogged this from eriheartcupcakes
- eriheartcupcakes reblogged this from hugaskeleton
- thinkingaboutyou25 likes this
- healthyhappywishes likes this
- losing-every-extra-pound likes this
- philyra-dreamhouse reblogged this from huntinghealth
- philyra-dreamhouse likes this
- hugaskeleton reblogged this from livefreelivefit
- skinnyordie21 reblogged this from livefreelivefit
- ashley-nichole-21 likes this
- dontwishforittworkforitt likes this
- this-time-is-it likes this
- livefreelivefit reblogged this from x-ercise
- livefreelivefit likes this
- x-ercise reblogged this from huntinghealth
- huntinghealth reblogged this from becoming-invincible
- curvecreation likes this
- spurgeoncc likes this